Looking after your Rhinofloor
Your new Rhinofloor vinyl floorcovering is tough and long lasting. To help it stay in tiptop condition, here are a few useful hints :
1) Protection against damage by furniture and stileto heels
- Place large surface plastic castor cups under any chair legs and heavy appliances
- When moving furniture or heavy appliances which may have sharp feet such as washing machines, freezers, cookers, etc, slide a piece of hardboard or inverted carpet underneath, manoeuvre the appliance onto it, then slide it out onto a second piece of hardboard
- Avoid subjecting the flooring to stiletto heels, sharp knives etc. and hot surfaces such as saucepans
2) Protection against tracked in dirt
- Prevent damage to your floorcovering from grit brought in underfoot by having a doormat at entrances from outside. This will save unnecessary cleaning up as well!
- Do not use latex/rubber-backed doormats, unless stipulated by their manufacturer that they do not stain vinyl products, as this may discolour your floorcovering
- Mop up spillages on the surface immediately
- Remember, that all vinyl floorings can be slippery when wet
- Sweep up any pieces of grit and dirt
- Regularly damp mop with a suitable diluted floor cleaner, following the manufacturer’s dilution recommendations
- Thoroughly rinse the floor with clean warm water. Leave this to dry before walking on the floor.
- Do not use strong detergents, harsh abrasive powders or wire wool scouring pads, as they will damage the surface of your floorcovering
- Always mop up any spillages immediately
- The following can permanently stain your new floorcovering:
|- Shoe polishes||- Some veterinary ointments|
|- Hair dye and other preparations||- Bitumen/tar tracked in from freshly|
|- Some powder paints||- Resurfaced roads and pathways|
|- Wax crayons||- Some highly coloured foods e.g. Ketchup|
|- Some animal excreta|
6) Rubber staining
Some latexes/rubbers, which contain certain antioxidants, can permanently stain your floor. Rubber of this type is often used in the manufacture of backings for rugs and mats, protective feet for stools and wheels for trolleys as well as low cost shoes and slippers. These can all produce a yellow staining on the heavily trafficked areas of your floor.
7) Recommended cleaning products
Rhinofloor recommends the use of the following cleaning products:
- Dettol Anti-Bacterial Direct Floor Cleaner
- Dettol Antibacterial Multi-Action Dilutable Liquid Lemon
- Sainsbury’s Perform Anti-Bacterial All Purpose Cleane,
- Sainsbury’s All Purpose Cleaner
- Tesco All Purpose Cleaner
Strong bleach and pine gel products are not recommended.
Rhinofloor, Lenham, Maidstone, Kent ME17 2QX Tel: 01622 854183 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org